The 800 SKS 146 is the ultimate deep snow crossover snowmobile. It offers both instantaneous lift when off-trail in the deep snow, as well as smooth handling and cornering when on-trail.
ENGINE & DRIVETRAIN
- Rider-Balanced AXYS® Chassis The AXYS® chassis for the SKS 146 provides rider balanced characteristics for the crossover rider. This sled offers both instantaneous lift when off-trail in the deep snow, as well as smooth handling and cornering when on-trail. The rider is placed into a balanced position on the sled so it rides flat through the corners. When the trail gets rough or the rider jumps off into the powder, rider balance enables the rider to move back and make the front end light to climb up on top of the snow or the moguls. - Purpose-built for crossover riding - Provides improved sidehilling & faster, easier climbing - Upon acceleration, sled gets instantaneous lift & stays on top of the snow - Aluminum overstructure is lightweight & durable for all types of riding
- IGX 146 Rear Suspension The IGX – Ideal Geometry Xover – Rear Suspension delivers a smooth ride and outstanding handling on all terrain and in all snow depths and conditions. - IGX Rear Suspension features optimized geometry to control pitch - Minimal bottoming & drag off-trail - Rail beam is tipped for optimal performance
- Proven 800 Cleanfire® H.O. Engine Developed in conjunction with the AXYS platform, the proven 800 Cleanfire® H.O. Engine delivers +10% increase in power-to-weight ratio and quicker throttle response to generate instantaneous lift. The integrated mounting position optimizes the balance of the chassis. Featuring: - Grooved piston for improved durability and engine life - 3-stage electronically-controlled exhaust valves for increased power and responsiveness - Electronic oil pump for reduced throttle effort and improved durability - Thermostat with bypass warms up to operating temperature 40% faster and improves durability - High-efficiency intake and exhaust for improved breathability, which increases power - Exclusive VForce Reeds for more power and improved reed life - Lightweight crankshaft that's more durable, 2.5 lbs lighter and has 25% less inertia
- 3-Stage Electronically-Controlled Exhaust Valves - Valve operation increases power, responsiveness & efficiency - Ensures the most effective exhaust evacuation - Precise operation helps optimize fuel burn
- Electronic Oil Pump - Precise oil delivery reduces throttle effort - Reliable oil delivery for best performance & improved durability - Dependable oil delivery in all riding conditions
- High-Efficiency Intake and Exhaust - Improved breathability - Less Restriction = More Power - Optimized airflow enhances fuel burn & exhaust evacuation
- VForce Reeds - Petal design optimizes airflow to produce more power - Design enhances power across the power band - Reduced reed petal wear produces extended reed life
- Lightweight Crankshaft - Low-inertia crankshaft enhances class-leading power-to-weight ratio - 2.5 lb. lighter + 25% less inertia = Better Acceleration - Design also increases durability - Proven in Polaris Racing sleds since Model Year 2014
- 800 H.O. Grooved Piston - Exhaust side grooves improve oil distribution - Enhanced oiling improves piston & cylinder durability - Design reduces friction & wear, improves efficiency & power
- 2.25” Peak Track - 2.25” deep lugs feature a variety of designs & are positioned for optimized traction - Peak track delivers outstanding traction in deep powder & in low-snow conditions or on-trail - Spacing & positioning of lugs produces the most effective traction in all snow conditions - Rigid lug support columns enhance traction in soft & hard-pack snow - Stiff outer lug bars provide better lateral control for improved handling
- Chaincase Drive System - Strong, proven & reliable drive system - Outstanding efficiency & durability - Delivers reliable operation in all snow & riding conditions
- Walker Evans® Piggyback Clicker Shocks The Walker Evans® Piggyback Clicker Shocks with compression adjusters and remote reservoirs offers the best performance across the broadest range of conditions.
- Lightweight The 800 SKS 146 is lightweight AND rigid, so rider inputs and power are transferred with maximum efficiency, and the sled is easy to maneuver in deep snow and accelerates fast on the trails. - Design optimization software results in lean, strong construction of the chassis - The weight of every component & sub-system is minimized without compromising strength or performance - At 456 lb. the 800 SKS 146 on the AXYS platform is lightweight & strong
RIDER BALANCED™ CONTROL
- AXYS® Body Panel Design The compact AXYS body design provides the industry’s highest lean angle to keep the weight on the skis and track – even in the meadows – and it minimizes paneling out. - Paneling out compromises control & can occur on steep inclines & while carving. AXYS narrow ergonomic design avoid paneling out. - AXYS bodywork fuels rider confidence, provides a larger “sweet spot” for meadow riding - With weight on skis & track, rider input is optimized & rider feels the greatest control of the sled
- Narrow, Adjustable Front End - Same narrow 39"-41" adjustable front end as the PRO-RMK - Ideal for setting up for more stability or ultimate performance while tree-riding and boondocking.
- Forged Aluminum A-Arms - Efficient 1-piece design reduces weight & improves optimal strength - Improves suspension performance & sled handling - An innovative industry-first from Polaris - Design reduces unsprung mass, resulting in improved ride quality & increased maneuverability
- PowderTrac™ Hybrid Running Boards The PowderTrac Hybrid running boards offer optimized design with 56% open space for maximum snow clean out while maintaining extreme strength. - Designed to serve the needs of riders on- & off-trail - Efficient design delivers maximum strength & snow clean-out with 56% open space - Front is wide & flat for foot comfort & stability; rear has tapered, dual-angle design for mobility & snow clearance
RIDER CENTRIC COMFORT
- AXYS® Performance Seat The AXYS Performance Seat provides the ideal mix of comfort and support for seated riders, and its design provides standing riders with the greatest room to move. - Seat design is narrower in front to provide greater stand-up maneuverability - Seat is light, comfortable & uses a high-performance seat foam - Seat top features a gripper material that helps keep a seated rider in place
- Polaris MessageCenter Gauge Informative and easy to read, this instrumentation keeps a rider aware of sled operating conditions and provides a wealth of additional data. - Easily viewable LCD screen, 4.3" diagonal measurement - Scrolling message center keeps rider informed - Increased number of tell tales by over 60% - Large buttons can be operated with gloved hands - Brightly lit display is easily readable in all light conditions
- Polaris Interactive Digital Display Another industry first for Polaris - the most advanced instrumentation in snowmobiling. This 4.3" high resolution, full color, LCD digital display provides a rider with information including: - Sled performance: Speedometer, tachometer, dual tripmeters, average speed, max speed, engine/trip hours & odometer Sled operating conditions: Coolant temperature, diagnostics & maintenance warnings - Riding conditions: Air temperature, time of day in 12 or 24-hour clock format - Bluetooth™ functionality: Enables the gauge to communicate with the rider’s cell phone and provide notification of incoming calls or texts. Displays phone battery & signal strength - GPS/Mapping Capability: A compass is standard, & full-featured GPS canbe installed to provide directions & information about services such as fuel, restaurants, lodging & Polaris dealerships. Customize the GPS to operate with North Up or Course Up navigation depending on your preference - Ride Planning Feature enables you to plan a ride using Ride Command, save it as a GPX file, and transfer it to the display through the USB interface - This gauge comes as an option on some SnowCheck models, and is available as an accessory option.
- Integrated Storage - Integrated Underseat Bag features a combination of semi-rigid, compression-molded materials & polyester - Bag provides 1,024 cubic inches of secure storage space - Weather-tight design seals out snow, protects cargo - Cargo can be accessed through zippered & Velcro® enclosure that is covered by additional material and buckle down straps - Bag attaches securely under seat on the tunnel
- LED Headlights - LED headlights deliver the industry’s most effective lighting - High beams are 80% brighter than incandescent lighting - Headlight output (“whiteness” of light, reported in Kelvin) is 5000K, nearly matching daylight - LED headlights last the lifetime of the sled while filament burns out in traditional incandescent headlights - For constant visibility & enhanced safety, the low beams remain on at all times
- Gripper Skis - Skis deliver flotation in deep snow & smooth, easy handling on-trail - Top surface features serrated edges for boot traction in deep snow
- ProTaper® Handlebar with Mountain Hoop - Strong, aluminum ProTaper Handlebar provide outstanding steering leverage - Handlebar features flat design with integrated mountain hooks for easy deep snow riding & aggressive cornering - Mountain hoop has a stylized one-piece design - Hoop design & positioning provides clearance between hoop & rider in steep terrain - Hoop is made of a durable polyurethane material
All inventory listed is subject to availability and prior sale. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) if shown for a vehicle excludes set-up, freight, taxes, title, licensing or other dealer charges, and is subject to change. Individual prices may vary. Please request a quote for specific pricing.