The 800 SKS 155 is the most versatile deep snow crossover sled. This sled features the legendary RMK Rider Balance and agility, and with its bogey wheels and bulkhead cooler, it maintains proper engine temperature for mixed use riding in all snow conditions. It is perfect for riders that use the trails to get to deep snow.
ENGINE & DRIVETRAIN
- Patented Raised AXYS® RMK® Chassis The AXYS® RMK® features a patented, raised chassis that increases clearance and reduces drag to keep you on top of the snow. The AXYS RMK chassis, purpose built for mountain riding, allows for improved sidehilling, faster and easier climbing, and instantaneous lift allowing the sled to pop onto the snow faster. The aluminum overstructure is lightweight and durable for all types of riding. Taller spindles increases clearance to reduce drag.
- Rear Suspension The lightweight, rigid rear suspension design features revised geometry to control pitch. This improves weight transfer, delivering better control and a more compliant ride. The rigid suspension delivers power directly to the snow. Off-trail, riders will notice improved weight transfer while maintaining the approach angle. On-Trail, riders will notice a more compliant and comfortable ride. The rear suspension features a rail design that helps lift the rear skid while driving it forward.
- Proven 800 Cleanfire® H.O. Engine Developed in conjunction with the AXYS platform, the proven 800 Cleanfire® H.O. Engine delivers +10% increase in power-to-weight ratio and quicker throttle response to generate instantaneous lift. The integrated mounting position optimizes the balance of the chassis. Featuring: - Grooved piston for improved durability and engine life - 3-stage electronically-controlled exhaust valves for increased power and responsiveness - Electronic oil pump for reduced throttle effort and improved durability - Thermostat with bypass warms up to operating temperature 40% faster and improves durability - High-efficiency intake and exhaust for improved breathability, which increases power - Exclusive VForce Reeds for more power and improved reed life - Lightweight crankshaft that's more durable, 2.5 lbs lighter and has 25% less inertia
- 3-Stage Electronically-Controlled Exhaust Valves 3-stage electronically-controlled exhaust valves provide improved running quality, crisper throttle response, smoother idle and improved fuel economy. The active feedback for the exhaust valve position provides more accurate fueling in transient situations. These exhaust valves also improve combustion stability, leading to improved durability and engine life.
- Electronic Oil Pump Electronic oil pump eliminates power-robbing gear drive – and provides more precise, improved oil delivery for performance and durability as well as a 35% reduction in throttle effort. Requires no adjustments.
- High-Efficiency Intake and Exhaust Porous intake duct material and high-flow exhaust system create a better breathing engine package for more power. The silencer provides reduced sound levels.
- VForce Reeds Provide improved performance, throttle response, and reed durability.
- Lightweight Crankshaft Lightweight crankshaft weighs 2.5 lbs less, delivering 25% lower inertia and quicker throttle response and spooling. This provides improved acceleration. Designed and engineered specifically for the 800 Cleanfire® H.O. Engine for increased durability, this same lightweight crankshaft is used in Polaris Race sleds since the 2013-14 and 2014-15 season, showing it's proven durability.
- 800 H.O. Grooved Piston - Exhaust side grooves improve oil distribution - Enhanced oiling improves piston & cylinder durability - Design reduces friction & wear, improves efficiency & power
- Series 5.1 2.4" Track Design optimized for forward lug contact. Soft and flexible tips for superior deep snow performance.
- Chaincase Drive System The SKS uses Polaris' tried and true chaincase drive system, which delivers the perfect combination of strength and performance for mixed use riding in all snow conditions.
- Walker Evans® Piggyback Clicker Shocks The Walker Evans® Piggyback Clicker Shocks with compression adjusters and remote reservoirs offers the best performance across the broadest range of conditions.
RIDER BALANCED™ CONTROL
- Legendary RMK Balance The patented AXYS® chassis delivers the RMK’s renowned perfect balance that riders have come to expect. The AXYS RMK offers increased, ultimate control and a more compliant ride.
- AXYS® Body Panel Design The AXYS® RMK® features a compact body panel geometry and design that helps give the sled the best lean angle in the industry allowing it to hold even the steepest sidehill lines. RMK does not "Panel Out" like other competitors.
- Narrow, Adjustable Front End The SKS features the same narrow 39"-41" adjustable front end as the PRO-RMK, ideal for setting up for more stability or ultimate performance while tree-riding and boondocking.
- Lightweight Polaris snowmobiles are the lightest sleds on the mountain. Polaris®mountain sleds have always been light AND rigid, and Polaris has added strength & durability while reducing weight on the RMK® AXYS® platform. Polaris uses design optimization software to analyze the loads and stress points for various systems and components of the snowmobile which allows the team to design lightweight yet durable snowmobiles. Providing riders with instantaneous lift, Polaris sleds help riders get up on top of the snow faster due to the lighter weight, increase in power from the 800 H.O. Cleanfire® Engine, Polaris-exclusive track designs and the raised chassis.
- Forged Aluminum A-Arms The one-piece, forged a-arms are lighter (approximately 1.5 lbs lighter) while providing optimal strength. Forging is widely used and proven through the automotive industry. This design reduces unsprung mass leading to a better ride quality and increased maneuvarability.
- PowderTrac™ Running Boards The PowderTrac™ running boards have been developed for maximum snow clean out and maximum strength. Built from extruded aluminum with bonded cast lugs, they boast an open area of over 50% and integrated traction that is machined in for sure footed performance. There is now additional open space at the back of the boards by the rear pad to reduce snow build up.
- PRO-Lite Seat Mountain snowmobiling requires a different seat design and that is what Polaris delivers. The seat is shorter to allow you to easily swing a leg and hop over from one side of the snowmobile to the other.
- LED Lights All models built on the AXYS® platform feature standard LED headlights. LED headlights deliver the industry’s best lighting: - Nearly 1 lb. lighter and high beams are 80% brighter than incandescent lighting. - Color temperature or output of the lights (the “whiteness” of light, reported in Kelvin) is 5000K, closely matching daylight. - LED headlights last the entire lifetime of the sled. A major durability enhancement over traditional incandescent headlights which experience filament burn out. - For constant visibility and enhanced safety, the low beams remain on at all times. Even when the high beam is activated, there is never a period of no light.
- Mountain Hoop Re-designed in 2016, the mountain hoop is more ergonomic and has been moved down 2.5" to prevent hitting the rider in the chest when in steeper terrain. Now a one-piece stylized design, the mountain hoop is made of a durable polyurethane material.
- Additional SKS Cooling The SKS features standard bogey wheels and a bulkhead cooler to better maintain proper engine temperature for mixed use riding in all snow conditions.
- Brakes Lightweight RMK brakes feature a fixed 2 piston opposed caliper design for an improved and quicker braking response and feel. The brake pad material features higher thermal properties to provide more optimal wear over time.
- Polaris Interactive Digital Display Another industry first for Polaris - the most advanced instrumentation in snowmobiling. This 4.3" high resolution, full color, LCD digital display provides a rider with information including: - Sled performance: Speedometer, tachometer, dual tripmeters, average speed, max speed, engine/trip hours & odometer Sled operating conditions: Coolant temperature, diagnostics & maintenance warnings - Riding conditions: Air temperature, time of day in 12 or 24-hour clock format - Bluetooth™ functionality: Enables the gauge to communicate with the rider’s cell phone and provide notification of incoming calls or texts. Displays phone battery & signal strength - GPS/Mapping Capability: A compass is standard, & full-featured GPS canbe installed to provide directions & information about services such as fuel, restaurants, lodging & Polaris dealerships. Customize the GPS to operate with North Up or Course Up navigation depending on your preference - Ride Planning Feature enables you to plan a ride using Ride Command, save it as a GPX file, and transfer it to the display through the USB interface - This gauge comes as an option on some SnowCheck models, and is available as an accessory option
- Integrated Storage Solutions Another industry first for Polaris - the most advanced instrumentation in snowmobiling. This 4.3" high resolution, full color, LCD digital display provides a rider with information including: - Sled performance: Speedometer, tachometer, dual tripmeters, average speed, max speed, engine/trip hours & odometer Sled operating conditions: Coolant temperature, diagnostics & maintenance warnings - Riding conditions: Air temperature, time of day in 12 or 24-hour clock format - Bluetooth™ functionality: Enables the gauge to communicate with the rider’s cell phone and provide notification of incoming calls or texts. Displays phone battery & signal strength - GPS/Mapping Capability: A compass is standard, & full-featured GPS can be installed to provide directions & information about services such as fuel, restaurants, lodging & Polaris dealerships. Customize the GPS to operate with North Up or Course Up navigation depending on your preference - Ride Planning Feature enables you to plan a ride using Ride Command, save it as a GPX file, and transfer it to the display through the USB interface - This gauge comes as an option on some SnowCheck models, and is available as an accessory option
All inventory listed is subject to availability and prior sale. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) if shown for a vehicle excludes set-up, freight, taxes, title, licensing or other dealer charges, and is subject to change. Individual prices may vary. Please request a quote for specific pricing.