The 800 SKS 146 is the ultimate deep snow crossover snowmobile. It offers both instantaneous lift when off-trail in the deep snow, as well as smooth handling and cornering when on-trail.
ENGINE & DRIVETRAIN
NEW EXCLUSIVE COLOR OPTIONS
- New for 2019, multiple color and feature options will be available on select models in-season through your local dealer.
- Rider-Balanced AXYS® Chassis The AXYS® chassis for the SKS 146 provides rider balanced characteristics for the crossover rider. This sled offers both instantaneous lift when off-trail in the deep snow, as well as smooth handling and cornering when on-trail. The rider is placed into a balanced position on the sled so it rides flat through the corners. When the trail gets rough or the rider jumps off into the powder, rider balance enables the rider to move back and make the front end light to climb up on top of the snow or the moguls. - Purpose-built for crossover riding - Provides improved sidehilling & faster, easier climbing - Upon acceleration, sled gets instantaneous lift & stays on top of the snow - Aluminum overstructure is lightweight & durable for all types of riding
- IGX 146 Rear Suspension The IGX – Ideal Geometry Xover – Rear Suspension delivers a smooth ride and outstanding handling on all terrain and in all snow depths and conditions. - IGX Rear Suspension features optimized geometry to control pitch - Minimal bottoming & drag off-trail - Rail beam is tipped for optimal performance
- Proven 800 Cleanfire® H.O. Engine Developed in conjunction with the AXYS platform, the proven 800 Cleanfire® H.O. Engine delivers class-leading acceleration. The integrated mounting position optimizes the balance of the chassis. Featuring: - 3-stage electronically-controlled exhaust valves - Electronic oil pump - Thermostat with bypass warms up to operating temperature 40% faster and improves durability - High-efficiency intake and exhaust - VForce Reeds - Lightweight crankshaft - Throttle body is lighter weight and reduces throttle effort - Grooved Piston
- Series 5.2 2.25” Track Delivers outstanding traction both on- and off-trail with excellent durability
- Chaincase Drive System - Strong, proven & reliable drive system - Outstanding efficiency & durability - Delivers reliable operation in all snow & riding conditions
- Walker Evans® Shocks The Walker Evans® Compression Adjustable Piggyback Shocks are more tune-able and allow you to adjust compression to suit your riding styles & the day’s conditions.
- Lightweight The 800 SKS 146 is lightweight AND rigid, so rider inputs and power are transferred with maximum efficiency, and the sled is easy to maneuver in deep snow and accelerates fast on the trails. - Design optimization software results in lean, strong construction of the chassis - The weight of every component & sub-system is minimized without compromising strength or performance
RIDER BALANCED™ CONTROL
- AXYS® Body Panel Design The compact AXYS body design provides the industry’s highest lean angle to keep the weight on the skis and track – even in the meadows – and it minimizes paneling out. - Paneling out compromises control & can occur on steep inclines & while carving. AXYS narrow ergonomic design avoid paneling out. - AXYS bodywork fuels rider confidence, provides a larger “sweet spot” for meadow riding - With weight on skis & track, rider input is optimized & rider feels the greatest control of the sled
- Narrow, Adjustable Front End - Narrow 39"-41" adjustable front end - Ideal for setting up for more stability or ultimate performance while tree-riding and boondocking.
- Forged Aluminum A-Arms - Efficient 1-piece design reduces weight & improves optimal strength - Improves suspension performance & sled handling - An innovative industry-first from Polaris - Design reduces unsprung mass, resulting in improved ride quality & increased maneuverability
- PowderTrac™ Hybrid Running Boards The PowderTrac Hybrid running boards offer optimized design with 56% open space for maximum snow clean out while maintaining extreme strength. - Designed to serve the needs of riders on- & off-trail - Efficient design delivers maximum strength & snow clean-out with 56% open space - Front is wide & flat for foot comfort & stability; rear has tapered, dual-angle design for mobility & snow clearance
RIDER CENTRIC COMFORT
- AXYS® Performance Seat The AXYS Performance Seat provides the ideal mix of comfort and support for seated riders, and its design provides standing riders with the greatest room to move. - Seat design is narrower in front to provide greater stand-up maneuverability - Seat is light, comfortable & uses a high-performance seat foam - Seat top features a gripper material that helps keep a seated rider in place
- Polaris MessageCenter Gauge Informative and easy to read, this instrumentation keeps a rider aware of sled operating conditions and provides a wealth of additional data. - Easily viewable LCD screen, 4.3" diagonal measurement - Scrolling message center keeps rider informed - Increased number of tell tales by over 60% - Large buttons can be operated with gloved hands - Brightly lit display is easily readable in all light conditions
- Polaris Interactive Digital Display Exclusively from Polaris - the most advanced instrumentation in snowmobiling. This 4.3" high resolution, full color, LCD digital display provides a rider with information including: - Sled Performance: speedometer, tachometer, dual trip meters, average speed, max speed, engine/trip hours and odometer sled operating conditions including coolant temperature, diagnostics and maintenance warnings. - Bluetooth™ Functionality: enables the gauge to communicate with your cell phone and provide notification of incoming calls or texts. Displays phone battery & signal strength. - GPS/Mapping Capability: includes standard compass and maps with trails can be shown North Up or Course Up depending on your preference. Track and save routes and waypoints for future “go to” navigation. - LH Control: provides the ability to zoom on maps, drop waypoints, cycle through vehicle information and switch between gauge or map display . - Clock: time available in 12 or 24-hour clock format options . - This gauge comes as an option on some models, and is also available as an accessory option
- Integrated Storage - Integrated Underseat Bag features a combination of semi-rigid, compression-molded materials & polyester - Bag provides 1,024 cubic inches of secure storage space - Weather-tight design seals out snow, protects cargo - Cargo can be accessed through zippered & Velcro® enclosure that is covered by additional material and buckle down straps - Bag attaches securely under seat on the tunnel
- LED Headlights - LED headlights deliver the industry’s most effective lighting - High beams are 80% brighter than incandescent lighting - Headlight output (“whiteness” of light, reported in Kelvin) is 5000K, nearly matching daylight - LED headlights last the lifetime of the sled while filament burns out in traditional incandescent headlights - For constant visibility & enhanced safety, the low beams remain on at all times
- Gripper Skis - Skis deliver flotation in deep snow & smooth, easy handling on-trail - Top surface features serrated edges for boot traction in deep snow
- ProTaper® Handlebar with Mountain Hoop - Strong, aluminum ProTaper Handlebar provide outstanding steering leverage - Handlebar features flat design with integrated mountain hooks for easy deep snow riding & aggressive cornering - Mountain hoop has a stylized one-piece design - Hoop design & positioning provides clearance between hoop & rider in steep terrain - Hoop is made of a durable polyurethane material
All inventory listed is subject to availability and prior sale. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) if shown for a vehicle excludes set-up, freight, taxes, title, licensing or other dealer charges, and is subject to change. Individual prices may vary. Please request a quote for specific pricing.