The KTM 390 ADVENTURE takes exploration further by merging all-road versatility and proven reliability with real-world performance. Built around a compact 373 cc single-cylinder powerplant with a capable, lightweight chassis and class-leading electronics, the KTM 390 ADVENTURE encourages you to find new frontiers with the unmatched capability and excitement you'd expected from a KTM ADVENTURE machine. Featuring an updated design for 2022, the KTM 390 ADVENTURE is now also visually aligned with the Dakar winning KTM FACTORY RALLY machines.
ENGINE & EXHAUST
- ENGINE A state-of-the-art, liquid cooled, single-cylinder, four-stroke 373 cc engine powers this agile machine perfectly into KTM’s world of ADVENTURE. Twin overhead camshafts, four valves and electronic fuel injection are integral to the KTM 390 ADVENTURE’s outstanding power and together with a balancer shaft, deliver the highest levels of smoothness. Its lightweight and compact construction facilitates straight air intake channels, allowing for a shortened distance for air to flow into the combustion chamber, and beyond for gas flow to the two catalytic converters. Besides the faster movement of air and gases, this also allows the engine to warm up faster. Additionally, the two catalytic converters and the fuel tank ventilation system (EVAP system) improve emission values and prevent fuel vapors from being released into the environment, making the KTM 390 ADVENTURE extremely eco-friendly and compliant with the strict EU5 exhaust emission standards.
- SLIPPER CLUTCH The slipper clutch is a unique feature that saves power and helps in slides. It opens when the engine back-torque becomes too high, preventing annoying rear wheel chatter when braking sharply or decelerating and gives the wheel just that little bit of braking for a controlled rear wheel slide. It also closes with the force of the clutch springs when the throttle is opened, allowing the clutch to be pulled with the little finger, which saves energy when riding.
- PISTON The 89 mm bore piston is DLC coated for extra durability. It performs a stroke of 60 mm, which results in a displacement of 373.2 ccm and produces a compression ratio of 12.6:1. The crown is cooled by the oil spray nozzle, while the piston uses a continuous, low-friction, nicasil-coated aluminum wet bushing with open-deck design.
- EMS/RIDE-BY-WIRE The KTM 390 ADVENTURE is fitted with a state-of-the-art engine management system featuring the most modern electronic fuel injection system with a 46 mm throttle body. Instead of the throttle valve in the electronic injection system being controlled by a conventional throttle cable, the KTM 390 ADVENTURE uses a ride-by-wire process. With the help of electronic sensors, twisting the throttle grip activates the throttle valve through the use of a servo motor. It electronically translates the throttle commands of the rider into the optimum throttle valve position for the current riding situation and for the most linear power delivery.
- CYLINDER HEAD State-of-the-art DOHC (Double Overhead Camshaft) technology. The four valves in the cylinder head of the KTM 390 ADVENTURE are actuated, via durable finger followers, by two overhead camshafts. This design is one of the preferred performance solutions of many offroad models, including the successful KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE. It is not only renowned for its extreme reliability, but also offers low friction, thanks to the ultra-hard DLC coating on the finger levers - a solution that makes this engine super reliable, even when pushing for longer at high RPM.
- GEARBOX The KTM 390 ADVENTURE is fitted with a robust 6-speed sequential gearbox. The gear ratios fit perfectly to the power band of the 390 cc engine and allow you to smoothly select the perfect gear, whether it be flowing street rides or more challenging offroad escapes.
- A2 LICENSE The KTM 390 ADVENTURE matches all the A2 driver´s license requirements.
- EXHAUST The KTM 390 ADVENTURE features a lightweight, precision-crafted exhaust system, comprising of a stainless steel header pipe and pre-muffler, which flow perfectly into a slim silencer. The silencer is shaped by a compact and light aluminum sleeve that has been positioned close to the bike’s overall center of gravity to improve balance and handling. It aids in delivering instant, smooth power and is specifically designed to not affect the rider’s movement on the bike. Two catalytic converters are integrated in the header pipe and pre-muffler, effectively bringing the exhaust emissions down.
- FRAME Similar to the race proven frame of the KTM 450 RALLY, the KTM 390 ADVENTURE features an ultra-lightweight, yet extremely stable trellis frame. It exceeds all requirements for stability and controllability and is the backbone of this nimble adventurer. The forgiving balance of flex and stiffness, combined with a wheelbase of 1,430 (+/-15.5 mm) and a 26.5 degree steering head angle, clearly suggest an offroad oriented layout. It is also the basis of its outstanding straight-line stability and precise and agile steering behavior.
- SUBFRAME The removable, steel trellis subframe is fixed to the main frame with 4 screws. It was developed to be compact and lightweight, but strong enough to carry a passenger and luggage, while negotiating the tough conditions that can be expected when adventure riding.
- SWINGARM The die-cast, open-lattice swingarm is a signature element of the KTM ADVENTURE range. It is precisely manufactured with an optimized stiffness, while still offering excellent flex characteristics. The rear shock links directly onto the swingarm, reducing complexity and parts, while also enhancing the feeling of the bike’s behavior for the rider. The relatively long swingarm provides enough space for any suitable offroad tire.
- SUSPENSION With many years of development in the toughest terrain, the KTM 390 ADVENTURE draws on WP’s renowned racing experience for a great handling package that is ready for more adventure. The WP APEX suspension in the front and rear work together perfectly with the chassis to provide comfort, control and the clearance to venture down more challenging roads.
- FRONT FORK The WP APEX 43 mm upside-down fork was originally developed for enduro riding so it is perfectly suited to the demands of the modern day adventurer. Due to high-quality materials and a state-of-the-art production process, the WP APEX 43 mm fork has outstanding response and damping characteristics.
- TRIPLE CLAMP The triple clamp is developed for a 26.5 degree steering head angle. It is also possible to change the height of the handlebar with a different mount available in the KTM PowerParts catalogue.
- REAR SHOCK The cutting-edge WP APEX shock absorber finds its way into the nimble chassis of the KTM 390 ADVENTURE. It provides tailored performance ideal for traveling long distances in tough conditions. Thanks to an adjustable spring preload and rebound damping, it can be fine-tuned to different situations, balancing typical KTM performance with all day riding comfort.
- WHEELS New 5 spoke cast wheels are specifically designed to be robust enough to handle harder adventure riders in tough terrain. The 19" front wheel and 17" rear wheel are fitted with tubeless CONTINENTAL TKC 70 tires, which provide excellent performance on the street, while still offering ample grip and control in the dirt.
- BRAKES High-quality BYBRE brakes featuring a large 320 mm front brake disc and a 230 mm rear disc work perfectly with a 4-piston radially mounted front caliper and a 1-piston floating rear caliper, to provide the ideal mix of control and stopping power. In addition, a 2-channel ABS system made by BOSCH guarantees the highest performance standard when conditions get a bit trickier.
- FUEL TANK The fuel tank is a central element of the design and engineering mastery of this daily adventurer. Its shape offers excellent ergonomics, with a narrow knee area that provides great control and even fits taller riders. It has an impressive 3.8 gal (14.5 liter) fuel capacity and together with its exceptional fuel economy, is set for more than 248 miles (400 km) of non-stop exploring on a full tank.
ERGONOMICS & COMFORT
- HANDLEBAR Full control at your fingertips, thanks to a tapered aluminum handlebar that is perfectly fit for purpose. Not only do the bars provide the ideal riding position when seated or standing, it also provides the perch for the TFT menu switchgear which can be customized to personal preferences. For instance, riders can set their ABS and MTC settings to be easily accessed for quick toggling when the tarmac suddenly runs out.
- SEATS The KTM 390 ADVENTURE features a two-part seat that provides unmatched comfort and rider control on long riders. Having a narrower front section, the rider's seat not only offers easy accessibility for shorter riders, it also allows for better control on difficult terrain. The seat can be easily removed for access to the airbox and a small storage compartment. The KTM PowerParts team have also specifically developed different seats to match individual customer needs from comfort to riding style.
- FOOTPEGS The wide and robust foot pegs come directly from the offroad models. They were developed for all day riding, standing or seated, for street or offroad boots. They have rubber inserts, which provide more comfort when riding on the street and can be easily removed for more grip when heading off the beaten track.
- WINDSHIELD The KTM 390 ADVENTURE’s windshield is an efficient deflector. It has a profile that allows the rider to move around the bike freely and offers an unobstructed view directly in front of the bike, even when covered in dirt. It can also be mounted in a lower or higher position to suit the rider´s size or needs. Two windshields of different heights can be ordered from the KTM PowerParts catalogue.
BODYWORK & GRAPHICS
- BODYWORK As minimal as possible and as much as needed. The KTM 390 ADVENTURE features a distinctive KTM-style bodywork, providing excellent ergonomics and an aggressive look inspired by the rally bikes. Ready for adventure, the bodywork is produced in color to help keep its appearance looking fresh, even after scratching. The tank spoilers and rear side panels are slightly wider than the seat for good control and also to reduce wear and tear on the seat. The shape of the fuel tank is optimized to offer the rider freedom of movement and the best control. The headlight mask is as reduced as possible, taking design cues from KTM’s rally bike generation to create a slim, lightweight front end. A low front fender assists with good aerodynamics and keeps spray to a minimum when travelling on the road, while a robust engine guard protects the engine and exhaust when venturing off the road into the dirt.
- LED HEADLIGHT Heading off on your KTM 390 ADVENTURE will no doubt lead you down a dark forest trail or see you arriving home after dark. Thankfully, state-of-the-art LED lights are used at both ends, with a powerfully bright LED headlamp lighting the way forward. The taillight is also LED, providing outstanding all-round visibility.
- A state-of-the-art, full-color TFT display adorns the cockpit of the KTM 390 ADVENTURE. The display's configuration automatically adapts to variations in ambient light. For the best use of power, the rev counter blinks when it’s time to shift. The 5‘’ display is easy to read and the main information is arranged in such a way that you can immediately see it. The rider can also easily select which information they would like on the screen via the multi-functional menu switch on the handlebar.
SOFTWARE & ELECTRONICS
- RIDER AIDS KTM develops electronic rider aids that provide more control and better performance for riders of all levels of ability, with the intention of enhancing the fun in all conditions.
- OFFROAD MODE When the tar road ends and the dirt track begins, KTM 390 ADVENTURE riders can simply switch to OFFROAD MODE. This allows a certain rear-wheel slip, meaning muddy puddles or thick sand is easily navigated. More so, the OFFROAD MTC system maintains its settings in the event of stalling the engine, meaning unwanted stops on steep hills require only a prod of the starter, and not a reset of the MTC settings, get going again.
- OFFROAD ABS Adventure motorcycling means traveling long distances and venturing into the unknown. For that reason, the KTM 390 ADVENTURE features a number of rider aids to cope with the unforeseen - like the offroad ABS mode. In this mode, ABS is completely deactivated on the rear wheel but only reduced on the front, meaning riders can lock up the rear wheel, allowing them to steer the rear end into corners. It also prevents over regulated front wheel braking, or the opposite of too much front brake pressure, ensuring the best stopping power in the dirt. In the event of a restart after an engine stall, the ABS function retains it's memory, remaining engaged in offroad mode without the need to switch it off again.
- MTC (MOTORCYCLE TRACTION CONTROL) The MTC or Motorcycle Traction Control system fitted to the KTM 390 ADVENTURE is a lean-angle sensitive traction control system that reacts the instant rear wheel rotation speed becomes disproportionate to the riding situation. In mere milliseconds, MTC reduces engine output with an extremely smooth, barely perceptible intervention at the throttle valves to reduce slippage to optimum proportions for the selected ride mode and current angle of lean.
- CORNERING ABS KTM’s cornering ABS system allows riders to always use the full power of their brakes, while the system adjusts brake pressure to match the lean angle of the motorcycle for more predictable braking across a wider range of conditions and scenarios. It can be turned off for offroad conditions.
- KTM MY RIDE With the KTM MY RIDE system, a smartphone can be tethered to the bike, allowing you to make phone calls, listen to music and use the optional turn-to-turn navigating app, all while keeping the adventure going.
All inventory listed is subject to availability and prior sale. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) if shown for a vehicle excludes set-up, freight, taxes, title, licensing or other dealer charges, and is subject to change. Individual prices may vary. Please request a quote for specific pricing.